The poster session was introduced to provide a more interactive presentation of papers judged to be of high interest to a narrow audience or that would best be presented in a more interactive format. The success of the poster session, evident in the enthusiastic audience response, is attributed not only to the high quality of the papers selected but also to the authors' adherence to the following guidelines for effective presentation in poster format.
The key guideline is that the poster should not consist of a copy of the manuscript; instead it should allow the attendees to recognize the key points of the work easily from a distance of at least 3 meters and to facilitate more detailed discussions with the authors. Often the best poster comprises a few large graphs/illustrations annotated clearly to show the viewer why each is significant, with only enough text to headline key points like purpose, conclusions, and impact.
The SID ‘14 Poster Session will be held on Thursday, June 5 from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the San Diego Convention Center. Authors are expected to be present to answer questions throughout this time. The room will be open for poster setup beginning at 11:00 am on Thursday morning: a 4 feet high x 8 feet wide bulletin board with ample tacks and 3 feet x 18 inches of table space for handouts/demonstrations will be available.
- An area 12 in. high and 9 in. wide in the top left corner of the poster board will be used by SID for poster identification
- The poster will typically consist of a number of A4 or 8.5 x 11 in. pages tacked to the bulletin board, although larger paper formats are acceptable and even desirable.
- One page is to consist of the paper title, authors and affiliation.
- A second page is to consist of a brief abstract outlining the key points of the paper.
- Use a minimum font size of 18 points for text and 30 points for headings.
- Limit text to 4-6 key points per page.
- Limit graphs or illustrations to 2 per page.
- Appropriate use of color is encouraged.
USE OF ABSTRACT AND TECHNICAL SUMMARY FOR PUBLICITY PURPOSES
In the past, several technical journals have requested additional information about papers to be presented at the Symposia for press coverage purposes. We would like to accommodate these requests by providing information from your abstract and/or technical summary. If you do not want your technical summary released to the press, please contact Marie Labrie, Vice President as soon as possible at 650.968.8900, ext. 119, fax: 650-968-8990, email@example.com, MCA Public Relations, 2119 Landings Drive, Mountain View, CA 94043.
SPEAKER REGISTRATION AT SID
All speakers, except a very limited number of invited speakers at the discretion of the program chair, are required to pay registration fees. Speaker registration forms will be e-mailed to you in several weeks. Or you can register on-line at www.displayweek.org.