This special topic will cover the technologies and application in the emerging areas of Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), and Mixed Reality (MR). These sessions will bring together scientists, engineers, business professionals, market analysts, and industry leaders involved in AR, VR, and MR technologies, products, applications, advanced developments, and emerging trends.
• AR, VR, and MR Systems and Applications
• Display Technologies for AR, VR, and MR Systems
• Spatial Sensing and Imaging Technologies
• Tracking, Localization, Mapping, and Navigation Techniques
• Computation, Graphics, and Display Processing
• Mapping and Rendering of Virtual Objects onto the Physical World
• Immersive Audio Technologies
• End-to-End System Integration and Latencies
• Inputs, Interfaces, and Interactions
• Human Factors and User-Experience
• Object, Human, and Scene Capture; Reconstruction, Recognition, and Understanding
• Machine Learning Techniques Including Deep Neural Networks
• Eye Tracking, Biometrics, and User Authentication
Displays with novel form factors are a way of adding value and distinguishing features compared to conventional display products. Among the most exciting areas of development are display technologies that enable displays to be folded, bent, or rolled up. This special topic will showcase advances in underlying technology in this area, as well as new product concepts enabled by this technology. Specific areas of interest include:
• Materials and Components
• Module Designs
• Reliability Topics
• Applications and Use Cases
Automotive “Hot Topic” Track: Displays and HMI for automotive applications have been among the most exciting topics at Display Week in recent years. As a result, at Display Week 2019, SID is going to offer attendees the option of signing up for a designated “one-stop-shop’ track that will include ALL of the automotive display and HMI programming at offer at Display Week 2019. This Automotive “Hot Topic” Track will include: the Automotive Display Seminar (Mon.) focusing on advanced automotive displays and augmented-reality head-up displays (AR HUDs); six automotive-track technical sessions (Tue.-Thur.) that include invited talks from Daimler, Peugeot, and many others; the Automotive Display Market Focus Conference (Wed.). The Automotive “Hot Topic” Track will also include an exclusive networking luncheon during Display Week on Thursday afternoon, to allow for in-depth conversations with the movers and shakers of the automotive industry.
“We all know that automotive displays and HMI are hot topics in our industry,“ says 2019 Display Week Conference General Chair Rashmi Rao. This ‘mini-conference,’ she explains, is a great opportunity for attendees from the automotive industry to learn about the latest advances, and also for other attendees who are looking for a crash course in the automotive industry to immerse themselves in the most important topics and make those right industry connections.
Automotive Track at a Glance